Insurance & Billing
Primary Care of Cedar Hill participates in almost all major health insurance plans including Medicare and Medicaid. Please check with your insurance provider or our office to see if our physician is on your plan. To ensure that you receive your maximum benefits possible, please bring your insurance card with you to every visit.
We are dedicated to providing the best possible care for you, and we want you to completely understand our financial policies.
Humana – Beginning June 1, 2017, all Humana Commercial, Exchange and Medicare health plan members have in-network access to our employed physicians, hospital-affiliated outpatient centers, and hospitals.
- Payment is due at the time of service unless arrangements have been made in advance by your carrier. Co-pays and balances will be collected at the time of service. Our office accepts cash, checks, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover.
- Keep in mind that your insurance policy is basically a contract between you and your insurance company. As a service to you, we will file your insurance claim if you assign the benefits to the doctor—in other words, if you agree to have your insurance company pay the doctor directly. If your insurance company does not pay the practice within a reasonable period, we will have to look to you for payment. If we later receive a check from your insurer, we will refund any overpayment to you.
- We have made prior arrangements with many insurance companies and other health plans to accept an assignment of benefits. We will bill them, and you are required to pay a copayment at the time of your visit.
- If you are insured by a plan that we do not have a prior arrangement with, we will prepare and send the claim for you on an unassigned basis. This means the insurer will send the payment directly to you. Therefore, our charges for your care are due at the time of service.
- Not all insurance plans cover all services. In the event your insurance plan determines a service to be “not covered,” you will be responsible for the complete charge. Payment is due upon receipt of a statement from our office.